Liberalian News Service: Guardian Council Election Special
The Guardian Council Elections were announced today, there were no real surprises as Curiaistan was elected to the Permanent position replacing Farlane who sadly left a month ago citing personal issues.
The temporary spots were filled by Fernetti, Nucleawasta and Soccersian.
Unlike in the previous election for the GC, there was no tied votes and all were elected outright. Senior members of Liberalia thought that possibly newer members who joined the region recently did not fully understand the significence of the the elections and this was also perhaps reflected in the turnout when only 10 people voted.
The Liberalian News Service caught up with Carops, our esteemed founder to find his views on the GC election.
Curiaistan : What are your thoughts on the GC makeup now?
Carops : I am pleased to see Curiaistan take the permanent spot. I am also pleased at the region's choices for the temporary candidates. I am sure we will all work together very well
Curiaistan : What do you think the GC's prioirties should be for the next two months?
Carops : I believe the GC needs to continue to ensure that Liberalia is run properly and that the Prime Ministers stay within their roles. As this new system has come into play with two PMs, it may be more likely that either of them deviate. Also, I believe the GC will probably have to try one or more of the Serenade members should they return.
Curiaistan : Looking at the voting patterns, do you think these show how the politics of the region may develop over the next two months?
Carops : I consider it unlikely that any progressive policies that are in the interests of the greater population will pass currently. There are simply too many Libertarians. I also find it amusing that the social issues confronting parliament recently have seen Moderates ally with Capitalists against drugs..
Curiaistan : My apologies may have phrased that wrong, i was wondering how the GC vote might demonstrate a shift in the political scene in Liberalia and your thoughts on that
Carops : I dont believe the GC reflects the shift at all. There does not seem to be a single Libertarian on the GC, despite the fact that they are the largest party
Curiaistan : Last question, are you disappointed by the turnout in the elections?
Carops : I am disappointed by it, but I cannot complain, as I forgot to vote.
Curiaistan : lol, thank you for your responses.
The temporary Guardians will serve for two months.
The temporary spots were filled by Fernetti, Nucleawasta and Soccersian.
Unlike in the previous election for the GC, there was no tied votes and all were elected outright. Senior members of Liberalia thought that possibly newer members who joined the region recently did not fully understand the significence of the the elections and this was also perhaps reflected in the turnout when only 10 people voted.
The Liberalian News Service caught up with Carops, our esteemed founder to find his views on the GC election.
Curiaistan
Carops
Curiaistan
Carops
Curiaistan
Carops
Curiaistan
Carops
Curiaistan
Carops
Curiaistan
The temporary Guardians will serve for two months.

<< Home